關于本書 About the book
People with ADHD are restless, endlessly curious, often adventurous, willing to take smart risks, and unusually resilient, and their ranks include some of the greatest entrepreneurs of our time. Sharing the stories of highly successful people with ADHD, Archer offers a vitally important and inspiring new way to recognize ADHD traits in oneself or in one’s loved ones and then leverage them to great advantage. Readers will learn to harness mental energy for greater creativity, embrace multitasking, and build a path to great success—without medication. As someone who not only has ADHD himself but has never used medication to treat it, Dr. Archer understands the condition from a unique professional and personal standpoint. Armed with new science and research, and his own personal experience, he teaches readers to embrace their natural strengths and innate potential.
本書金句 Key insights
● The criteria used in diagnosing ADHD are poorly formulated, and based on the assumption that cases of ADHD are black-and-white.
● Difficulty focusing on one task can be seen instead as the ability to multitask. ADHDers’ minds are constantly shifting from one idea to the next – an ability that allows them to keep track of several tasks simultaneously.
● The inability to pay sustained attention becomes lateral thinking. ADHDers’ brains are able to make surprising and creative connections that other brains are incapable of. Jumping from idea to idea and responding to changes in environments in new and innovative ways can come in handy in many creative fields.
● Inattention to detail, for those with ADHD, transforms into able to thrive in chaos. While the majority of people tend to want a break when there’s too much going on, chaos is an ADHDer’s wheelhouse. Their brains can process information and make key decisions at incredible speed.
● Forgetfulness is another symptom that has its advantages when seen as a kind of resilience. Rather than dwelling on past mistakes, ADHDers are able to move forward with ease, remaining motivated and energized for challenges ahead.